details of a domestic goddess

part-time SAHM to four kids: Bear (96), Schmoo (99), Hercules (01), and Princess (02). I wear many hats, including that of the chef, maid, nanny, chauffeur, accountant, triage nurse, laundress, educator, admin assistant, maintenance, gardener, weekend warrior, and just mom too. when i'm not busy momming, i get up at 2am to go to work as an international spy.

04 February 2008

my failure

i can hear you.

you don't need to tell me again.

i admit that i've made a mistake
and i can see the mess in front of me.
i can see the cracks in the surface
and i know the cause.

the cause is me.
i've failed again.
no matter how hard
i try, i try again;
i can't get it right.

the cause is lost,
the lines are drawn.
the die is cast,
i haven't won.



i can't make a proper cheesecake.
i don't think i ever will.

can i interest you in a cookie instead?

No comments: