details of a domestic goddess

part-time SAHM to four kids: Bear (96), Schmoo (99), Hercules (01), and Princess (02). I wear many hats, including that of the chef, maid, nanny, chauffeur, accountant, triage nurse, laundress, educator, admin assistant, maintenance, gardener, weekend warrior, and just mom too. when i'm not busy momming, i get up at 2am to go to work as an international spy.

27 October 2007

brush

holy.

mother.

of.

socks.

i had to do a double take. then a triple take. i looked around the room. i stared hard into his face to see if i was really seeing this face. he wasn't much taller than me...maybe 5'9". he was wearing the darkened wraparound glasses. his unshaven face and intentionally mussed hair. his casual glance around the room. he was with another dude, well over 6 feet tall, hard edge to his face and wearing a faded blue tee sporting the union jack.

i got three words for you.

larry mullins. bono.

and me without a camera on my fourth day on the job. they noticed that i recognized them. and they noticed that i hadn't started jumping up and down and screaming. they both looked directly into my face as they gathered up their bags, put on their shoes and belts, and walked down the pier to their plane. bono nodded and winked as he turned away.

and me without a camera.

i swore on my grandmother's grave to my supervisor that i had just seen bono. she had a good look at him as he walked away. "a lot of celebrities come through here in early morning, hoping that no one's had enough coffee yet to notice them. it very well could be him. he has a nice face," she added.

and me without a camera. *sob*

No comments: