details of a domestic goddess

part-time SAHM to four kids: Bear (96), Schmoo (99), Hercules (01), and Princess (02). I wear many hats, including that of the chef, maid, nanny, chauffeur, accountant, triage nurse, laundress, educator, admin assistant, maintenance, gardener, weekend warrior, and just mom too. when i'm not busy momming, i get up at 2am to go to work as an international spy.

31 August 2007

circle

i hide from the dark.

it seeks me out and
i shut my eyes to
its creeping shadow.
i turn my face from
its sharpened claws.
i blot the darkness with
muffled giggles and
sunny days.

still it comes.

i drop into exhausted
sleep to busy the dark
from my head.
but once i stop to
rest, it flows around me
seeping into the cracks
upon my soul.
it weighs me down
bleeding into my dreams and
splintering happy memories
until i spill the dark in
wet tracks down my cheeks.

then it begins anew and
i hide
from the dark
once again.

No comments: