details of a domestic goddess

part-time SAHM to four kids: Bear (96), Schmoo (99), Hercules (01), and Princess (02). I wear many hats, including that of the chef, maid, nanny, chauffeur, accountant, triage nurse, laundress, educator, admin assistant, maintenance, gardener, weekend warrior, and just mom too. when i'm not busy momming, i get up at 2am to go to work as an international spy.

19 January 2007

curse & blessing

they are both a curse and a blessing, these little things of ours. they can make life difficult and they are extremely high maintenance. other people look at what we've done with them and make a snap judgement of "amatuer!" or a raised eyebrow and an inward comment like "i wish mine were like that." i don't usually do a whole lot with mine; high maintenance makes me weary. but tonight, i feel like going all out.

they have made me proud. i am truly thankful for them. they will be pampered tonight for their outstanding performance. once again an emergency room visit was averted during my sojourn with the chopping board. once again, my fingernails saved my fingertip from becoming part of the stir-fry.

No comments: