details of a domestic goddess

part-time SAHM to four kids: Bear (96), Schmoo (99), Hercules (01), and Princess (02). I wear many hats, including that of the chef, maid, nanny, chauffeur, accountant, triage nurse, laundress, educator, admin assistant, maintenance, gardener, weekend warrior, and just mom too. when i'm not busy momming, i get up at 2am to go to work as an international spy.

14 July 2006

OK OK OK i'm UP!!!

I have been woken up over the years by many different things. I have had cold, snowy dog noses poked under the blankets. I have had little brothers and little children jumping on my bed. The various and sundry wails of babyhood: I'm hungry, I'm bored, change me, I'm scared. I have had several kinds of alarm clocks, from the annoying klaxons and dj's to my current mellow pond of frogs. I can completely wake up and get vertical and be in motion in record time upon hearing either of the phrases, "I'm gonna barf," or "I barfed."

But they all paled to misty memories when I woke up today to feel something on may face. In my muzzy morning clumisiness, I actually squashed the spider TO MY FACE.

I'm going to go take a shower.

No comments: